While our team can help you when age or wear and tear have taken their tolls, taking a few precautions yourself can help prolong the lifespan of your disposal unit.
Prevent Damage to Your Garbage Disposal
Keep the following in mind before running your garbage disposal:
- Take caution not to wash grease down your disposal as it can build up on the walls of your pipes over time, causing clogs and damage.
- Do not put things that are harder to break down in the disposal. Eggshells, banana peels, coffee grounds, bones, paint, and similar items should always go in the trash and not your disposal.
- Always run water when using the disposal, as this will help flush the waste into the pipes.
- Never reach into the disposal, even if it is off.
- Be careful to always check that the disposal is free from silverware before turning it on. If a fork or knife has managed to slip into the unit, call our professionals for help.
- Do not use your disposal if it is making unusual noises, such as rattling or grinding. Instead, call our plumbers for repairs.
- Never pour cleaning chemicals down your disposal. If your unit is producing foul odors, call in our professionals for an inspection.
- Keep your garbage disposal properly maintained with help from our team at Bono Plumbing. Like any appliance, regular maintenance will help prolong your disposal’s lifespan.
If you do notice an issue, such as odd noises or a disturbing smell, our professionals are ready to help. Not only do we have the training and tools to safely and effectively fix any problems, but, if needed, we also have the knowledge to properly install a new disposal so it will function as intended long into the future.
Garbage disposals can be a handy addition to have in any kitchen but when they malfunction, the first question is how to fix it. Broken disposals can cause a host of problems – from slow drainage and leaking connections to unpleasant odors. Fortunately, our team at Bono Plumbing know what to look for and how to solve your issue. Whether repairs will do, or you need a replacement, count on us for garbage disposal services in Wentzville, Troy, and the surrounding areas.
Our expert technicians have the knowledge and experience to get your services performed in no time! Call us at (636) 294-9110 to schedule your appointment.
All of our repairs begin with a thorough inspection of your garbage disposal. Depending on what we find, we can either maintain your unit by safely removing built up food and debris, repair any malfunctioning or worn-down parts, or uninstall and replace your unit if it will ultimately be more economical in the long run.
With any service, we take care to ensure your garbage disposal is cleaned and functioning properly. If a replacement is necessary due to the age or condition of your disposal, we will make sure it is installed correctly and efficiently. Whatever your needs, we want to ensure you have complete peace of mind in our services.
Contact our experts today to schedule your service! We proudly serve Troy, Moscow Mills, Wentzville, and the surrounding communities.
We pride ourselves in our ability to provide every customer with an efficient solution throughout counties.Learn More